Following the release of the 2017 Careers Strategy the provision of careers services in England has seen several changes from the introduction of the Gatsby Benchmarks, to the development of 20 Careers Hubs across England with 18 more Hubs and 2 expansions announced this year.
With change comes new challenges and opportunities to deliver excellence in CEIAG to children and young people. The 7th Annual Careers Education & Guidance Summit, delivered in partnership with Westminster Briefing and Careers England, brought together 100+ careers professionals from across the public and private sector to share key learnings and tackle the remaining obstacles as we move towards meeting the 2020 Careers Strategy goals.
Key points for 2019 included:
- The Quality in Careers Standard: 2019 National Updates
- Understanding the changes to the Ofsted framework
- An update of careers education in England
- Delivering the Gatsby Benchmarks
Previous speakers include:
- Sandra Cheyne, Career Management Skills Policy and Professional Practise Manager, Skills Development Scotland
- Paul Chubb, MBE, Quality in Careers Director, The Quality in Careers Consortium
- Janet Colledge RCDP, Careers Education Consultant Outstanding Careers
- Angela Moore, Careers Hub Manager, Black Country Consortium Ltd.
- John Yarham, Deputy CEO, The Careers & Enterprise Company
- Charley Fowler, Area Manager & Gatsby Champion, Unifrog
- Mrs Pippa Gibbs, Head of Careers and HE, Oakham School
- Sir John Holman, Senior Adviser, The Gatsby Foundation
- Steve Stewart OBE, Executive Director, Careers England
- Gerarde Manley, Leicester & Leicestershire Careers Hub
- Nikki Lawrence, Careers Wales Chief Executive
- Katharine Horler OBE, Chair, Careers England
Headteachers – Heads of Careers – Heads of Careers Strategy – Heads of Higher Education – Directors of Student Development – Careers Advisors
Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. This event is equivalent to 4 CPD points. A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.