Following the release of the 2017 Careers strategy the provision of careers services in England has seen several changes from creation of the introduction of the Gatsby Benchmarks to the development of 20 Careers Hubs across England.
With change comes new challenges and opportunities to deliver excellence in CEIAG to children and young people. The 7th Annual Careers Education & Guidance Summit, delivered in partnership with Westminster Briefing and Careers England, will bring together careers professionals from across the public and private sector to share key learnings and tackle the final obstacles as we move towards meeting the 2020 Careers Strategy goals.
Key points for 2019 include:
- Understanding the changes to the Ofsted framework
- An update of careers education in England
- The Quality in Careers Standard in 2019
- Delivering the Gatsby Benchmarks
Previous speakers include:
- The Rt Hon Anne Milton MP, Minister of State for Apprenticeships and Skills and Minister for Women, DfE
- Dr Siobhan Neary, RCDP, Associate Professor and Head of the International Centre for Guidance Studies (iCeGS), Institute of Education, University of Derby
- David Andrews, Careers Education and Guidance Consultant
- Claudia Harris, CEO, The Careers & Enterprise Company
- Steve Stewart OBE, Executive Director, Careers England
- Paul Chubb MBE, Director, Quality in Careers Standard
- Denise Bertuchi, Assistant National Officer, UNISON
- Gerard Liston, Director, Forum Talent Potential
- Katharine Horler OBE, Chair, Careers England
- Stephen Cole, Head of Careers Strategy, CITB
- John Cope, Head of Education & Skills, CBI
Headteachers – Heads of Careers – Heads of Careers Strategy – Heads of Higher Education – Directors of Student Development – Careers Advisors
Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. This event is equivalent to 4 CPD points. A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.