In view of the ongoing uncertainty caused by the Covid-19 pandemic and our duty of care towards delegates, speakers, sponsors and staff, Careers England and Dods have taken the decision to postpone the Careers Education and Guidance Summit to 16 March 2021.
Postponement of this event is not a decision we have taken lightly. However, we believe it is the most appropriate in the current environment.
With the current and unprecedented changes facing the UK workforce the 8th Annual Careers Education & Guidance Summit, delivered in partnership with Westminster Briefing and Careers England, will bring together careers processionals to discuss how to deliver support to young people and adults in uncertain times.
"We will be bringing together experts on careers policy and practice with an audience of careers professionals to share knowledge and know how. Every year our conference is recognised as a major "must attend " event, given the economic challenges this is probably the most important ever." Steve Stewart, Executive Director, Careers England Ltd.
Key points for 2019 included:
- The Quality in Careers Standard: 2019 National Updates
- Understanding the changes to the Ofsted framework
- An update of careers education in England
- Delivering the Gatsby Benchmarks
Previous speakers include:
- Sandra Cheyne, Career Management Skills Policy and Professional Practise Manager, Skills Development Scotland
- Paul Chubb, MBE, Quality in Careers Director, The Quality in Careers Consortium
- Janet Colledge RCDP, Careers Education Consultant Outstanding Careers
- Angela Moore, Careers Hub Manager, Black Country Consortium Ltd.
- John Yarham, Deputy CEO, The Careers & Enterprise Company
- Charley Fowler, Area Manager & Gatsby Champion, Unifrog
- Mrs Pippa Gibbs, Head of Careers and HE, Oakham School
- Sir John Holman, Senior Adviser, The Gatsby Foundation
- Steve Stewart OBE, Executive Director, Careers England
- Gerarde Manley, Leicester & Leicestershire Careers Hub
- Nikki Lawrence, Careers Wales Chief Executive
- Katharine Horler OBE, Chair, Careers England
Headteachers – Heads of Careers – Heads of Careers Strategy – Heads of Higher Education – Directors of Student Development – Careers Advisors
Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. This event is equivalent to 4 CPD points. A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.